The aim of the individual project is to give students the opportunity to complete a substantial piece of work.
This involves organising their own time, deadlines and deliverables, and delivering a completed piece of work in a professional manner.
The following objectives will be achieved by completing a individual project.
At the end of this module you will be able to:
- work independently on a significant piece of work, organising deadlines and deliverables;
- learn new skills and theory from diverse information sources;
- make technical decisions after consideration of appropriate evidence and act on those decisions;
- present and discuss a technical subject;
- compose and complete a technical report;
- work steadily under guidance for the duration of a project;
- understand what is required of a computing professional.
Advanced Topics in Big Data