Welcome to the department of Computer Science at Royal Holloway! This page is the hub for 2022 January start MSc orientation.
The aim of the individual project is to give students the opportunity to complete a substantial piece of work.
This involves organising their own time, deadlines and deliverables, and delivering a completed piece of work in a professional manner.
The following objectives will be achieved by completing a individual project.
At the end of this module you will be able to:
- work independently on a significant piece of work, organising deadlines and deliverables;
- learn new skills and theory from diverse information sources;
- make technical decisions after consideration of appropriate evidence and act on those decisions;
- present and discuss a technical subject;
- compose and complete a technical report;
- work steadily under guidance for the duration of a project;
- understand what is required of a computing professional.
Advanced Topics in Big Data